Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Valentine's Day

" Why don't we go out and celebrate today? It is Valentine's day you know". My wife Lovely hinted for the 20th time. I wanted to remind her that Valentine's Day is for teenagers and young couples and not for half century makers like us. But seeing her indomitable spirit, i gave in and decided to take her to the famous City Mall 36.

My scooter initially protested the additional 85 kilos that were going to be loaded on it but somehow I was able to persuade it to take us safely to our destination.

Before entering the Mall I fed Lovely 4 samosas from the chatwalla so that she would not ask to be fed again inside the mall, where it was horrifyingly costly.

At the Mall, I felt more embarrassed then romantic, seeing couples half the age of ourselves enjoy themselves. However my wife seemed very upbeat and suggested that we should watch a movie.

I showed her the cheapest show available: Dracula-2.

After the movie, shaken and scared by the spine-chilling scenes, I suggested whether we should return, but Lovely wanted to be taken to a restaurant and she was very adamant. She said " I am starving ".

I repented the 20 rupees I had spent on her samosas.

In the restaurant now, it was dark, and couples were freely romanticizing....getting cozy and all.

In the bluish light, after we were seated at a table, I saw to my utter astonishment and joy, my parents-in-law seated at a nearby table getting real close and romantic. I wondered about their reserves of hormones and without wasting a second, shot some really 'good' photos of theirs on my mobile phone.

Now I would get back to them for all the atrocities they had committed on me; as well as the Hero Honda that I deserved 20 years back.

I kissed my wife's hand - " Happy Valentine's Day".

17 comments:

  1. gr8 one....!!
    waiting 4 the nxt 1....!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice peace of imagination dude.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work bro....
    keep it up..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RoFl! 10 yrs down de lane, ur WIFE must read it :P :P nice one! :) keep writing to share such lighter moments!.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very good work my little bro.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol!!! very entertaining! the penny-pinching mentality, the self-consciousness of the man, his fondness for his wife (cause he couldn't say no to her :P)...you have captured them very nicely...especially as it highlights the humour in the day-to-day mundane existence of man...

    P.S. i just noticed your description "I am not much of a blogger..." and was surprised to see how familiar it sounded :P...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sudhaanshu: Thanks man :):)

    @Pankaj: thank you so much Yadavji..:D

    @Prasenjit: thanks man...i need ur appreciation..

    @Usman: thanks...hope u keep on visiting..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Irin ma'am: am always grateful ma'am...thanks for visiting :) :)

    @Nabani: Thank you dear..

    @Mouli ma'am: Thank you for your comments ma'am...i hope i keep having those on a regular basis...
    P.S.my venture into blogging was an inspired one :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice....
    especially the insightful climax (last para)....
    It inculcate that romance and love is not debarred by age.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. u r getting bttr wid evry blog......keep it up...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice work dude.........keep going

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jitendra Sir: am privileged to have you here sir..:)

    @Mr.Sumit: Thank you for your time man...i love it..

    @Sameer: highly grateful sir... plz keep visiting :):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ....good things comes in small packages....

    short and sweet....nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. kya baat h hamare beech to kamaal ka blogger jee rha tha n kisi ko pata b nhi tha

    good wrk yaar

    ReplyDelete
  15. its really a touching one gripping with the soft n smooth romance

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Abhishek: Hi!! thanks for visitin....lookin for ur return to raipur.. :)

    ReplyDelete